How Can I Cost-Effectively Use Virtual Reality to Enhance Instruction?
Virtual reality is an effective enhancement to classroom instruction that brings experiences to students beyond the lecture or textbook. Many teachers assume the equipment to view virtual reality content is expensive, however, there are dozens of free educational apps, containing hundreds of virtual reality videos that can be viewed through an ordinary cell phone and low-priced Google Cardboard viewers. This definitely puts virtual reality within reach!
This program explores the ways virtual reality is being used in education today, where teachers can find educational virtual reality content, and how students and teachers can make and view virtual reality videos with their cell phones.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Understand the potential uses of virtual reality in the classroom
- Locate numerous applications that provide free educational resources to partner with instruction
- Create their own virtual reality videos using resources you already have
- How virtual reality can be used in the classroom
- Demonstration of Google Cardboard viewer with cell phone
- Review of terms: virtual reality, 360 videos, and augmented reality
- Apps with places, documentaries, experiences, and lessons that are beneficial to instruction ideas
This program will benefit:
- Faculty teaching in any modality
- Faculty developers
- Instructional designers
Product Code: PM19CB