How Can I Use LMS Conditional Releases to Efficiently and Intentionally Engage My Students?
Tools embedded in most learning management systems can simplify faculty workload while intentionally engaging students in course content. One such tool is conditional release, which releases online course material contingent upon a student meeting a particular condition or reaching a predetermined criterion. Using conditional release helps scaffold learning, personalize learning, and differentiate content. This program compares actions in six teaching examples and demonstrates the benefits of conditionally releasing course content compared to traditional online teaching methods.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Define conditional release and describe its benefits
- Compare six unique teaching situations with and without a conditional release of content
- Consider when conditional release can be a productive tool, what activities it is best used with, and how often it should be used in a course
- Overview of conditional release including types and benefits
- Six teaching examples comparing teaching methods with and without conditional release
- Best practices for using conditional release
- Tips for getting started with conditional release
This program will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Instructional designers
- LMS system administrators
Product Code: QM19BA