How Do I Align Learning Objectives with Technology Using Backward Design?
Find the Right Tech Tools for Your Teaching
Do-it-yourselfers everywhere know they need to use the right tools for the job. So do college and university faculty. But even the latest high-tech “cool tool” won’t solve learning problems if it isn’t thoroughly integrated into your course. This presentation shows you how to use educational technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Educational technology can throw your teaching off balance when it doesn’t support your learning objectives or when it isn’t the right tool for the job at hand. Drawing on the principles of backward design, this program will show you how to bring your course back into alignment or make sure it stays that way.
This program will help you improve the way you use technology in your teaching.
You will learn:
- The two main ways technology can interfere with teaching
- The three key steps in backward design, plus a fourth step presenter added to address teaching with technology
- The two most important factors limiting adoption of educational psychology
- A step-by-step process to help you bring learning activities and tools into alignment with your learning objectives
After participating in How Do I Align Learning Objectives with Technology Using Backward Design?, you’ll be able to:
- Identify what’s causing the “pain points” in your courses
- Describe the basic principles of backward design
- Apply backward design principles to select educational technology that supports your learning objectives and solves your pain points
Clickers can’t solve everything by themselves. Neither can short-form video, virtual reality, or whichever “cool tool” is buzzworthy on campus today.
Teaching and learning with technology successfully requires a comprehensive approach, and that’s just what you’ll learn in How Do I Align Learning Objectives with Technology Using Backward Design?
This presentation will show you:
- How to peel back the layers of your teaching problems and work backwards from your learning objectives to your choice of technology solutions
- How to address student resistance and prepare for implementation
Even with all the technology available to in-person, online, and blended course instructors, Darby emphasizes that the best tool is the one that achieves your teaching and learning objectives most effectively.
Whether you’re a veteran faculty member or just starting your higher education career, How Do I Align Learning Objectives with Technology Using Backward Design? will help you improve the way you use technology in your teaching. Department chairs, faculty developers, and new instructional designers will also find this Magna 20-Minute Mentor useful.
Supplemental materials, including criteria for evaluating educational technology, will further help you make technology work for you. Order today!
Product Code: PM16JA