What are Five Methods that Help Students Become More Effective Learners?
Effective and ineffective learners can be seen as opposite sides of a continuum, with the majority of our students falling somewhere in the middle. How can we move students closer to the “effective side” of our continuum? This program showcases the characteristics of effective learners and focuses on instructional strategies teachers can use to help students develop the learning skills they need to succeed in college and in life.
Purchase the What are Five Methods to Help Students Become More Effective Learners? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Maryellen Weimer, PhD. Through the five methods discussed in this engaging program, and the portraits of effective and ineffective learners included in the supplementary materials, you will come away with expert strategies from a world-renowned teaching and learning specialist that will move your students toward becoming effective learners, allowing them to pursue understanding, learn from failures, and continue learning for life.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Be prepared to implement strategies that push learners toward more effective lifelong learning
- Improve self-efficacy of your students
- Share study strategies with your students that improve their success in learning
- Encourage self-regulation in your learners
- Help students develop learning skills they need to succeed in college and in life
- Evidence-based study strategies
- Distributed practice
- Study groups
- Student motivation
This program will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
Product Code: PM18OA