What Can I Do to Manage and Reduce Academic Job Stress?
Faculty face a number of challenging and emotionally draining conditions in their work—troubled or angry students, reduced funding and cutbacks, and political conflict on campus to name a few. Explore ways that faculty (and others) can take care of themselves so that they can continue to do their work effectively.
Purchase the What Can I Do to Manage and Reduce Academic Job Stress? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Stephanie Delaney, PhD. In this 20-minute session, acquire practical strategies for limiting the stressful impacts of situations in the job and how to build resiliency against stress.
By the end of the mentor, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and acknowledge stressful situations in academia
- Identify at least two strategies for limiting the impacts of stressful situations
- Learn strategies for building resiliency against additional stress
- How to set boundaries, anticipate challenging situations, and set time/topic limits
- What it means to “Sharpen the Saw” to make time to escape the day to day and hone your craft
- Ideas for using campus resources to learn about counseling options
This program will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Product Code: PM18MB