What Strategies Can I Apply to Address Serious Online Faculty Performance Concerns?
Throughout your supervision and management of online faculty, you are likely to discover performance concerns that are sometimes more serious and impact students, diminish the quality of teaching and learning, or have other negative implications that require formal performance management. Because online faculty are often located remotely and are regularly part-time, it is especially important to have strategies for promptly identifying and tackling major performance concerns if they occur.
Purchase the What Strategies Can I Apply to Address Serious Online Faculty Performance Concerns? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Bethanie Hansen, PhD. In this 20-minute session, you will learn about focusing on individuals and context to personalize your efforts while maintaining consistent standards and expectations, what kinds of performance concerns are common to online teaching and why they need to be repaired, how to identify serious lapses in performance that may not appear on performance management reports, and how to work with challenging faculty.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Be prepared to implement strategies that push learners toward more effective lifelong learning
- Identify serious performance concerns in online education
- Work more effectively with challenging online faculty
- Implement a progressive performance management process with online faculty who have serious performance concerns, focusing on individuals and context but maintaining consistent standards and expectations
This program will benefit:
- Department chairs
- Directors of online education
- Academic administrators
Product Code: OM18ED