What Teaching Strategies Help Engage All Learners Online?
Perception is critical to online learning. Not only that, online learning is difficult to navigate if students don't understand online learning basics. This difficulty is compounded when acculturative stress is present. Ensuring inclusivity and a sense of community is often much more difficult to do in the online setting, as face-to-face interaction is limited.
This program introduces teaching strategies designed to engage all students online, especially those who feel marginalized. Being sensitive to ensuring all students feel valued and respected can mean the difference between successful completion and dropping the course. By following the PAIR model, detailed in this program, instructors can maximize student success through authentic and genuine inclusion and engagement.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the risks related to marginalization
- Identify the four areas of the PAIR assessment model and related teaching strategies
- Discover additional teaching strategies to promote inclusion
- Challenges faced by some students in online learning environments
- Introduction of the PAIR assessment model
- Additional teaching strategies to build an inclusive online community and increase engagement
This program will benefit:
- Faculty teaching online
- Diversity and inclusion staff
Product Code: QM19DA