Why Should I Migrate from Traditional Resources to OER in My Courses?
While there are potential barriers and challenges to implementing OER in the classroom, the benefits far outweigh the pitfalls. Not only do OER contribute to significant cost savings for students, they also bring real value to both faculty and institutions.
Purchase the Why Should I Migrate from Traditional Resources to OER in My Courses? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Erik Christensen, the dean of applied sciences and technologies at South Florida State College, who has saved his students more than $50,000 each year by adopting OER.
This program looks at the implementation of OER from the perspectives of students, faculty, and institutions, and the reasons why faculty and institutions should consider adopting and using OER in place of traditional learning resources.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Explain how OER bring significant value to faculty, students, and institutions
- Identify strategies for implementing OER in the classroom
- Understand potential obstacles to adopting OER
- The ways OER can contribute to significant student cost savings
- Possible challenges to adopting OER
- The many options for replacing traditional learning materials with OER
- How OER can contribute to higher class enrollment
- How OER benefit not only students, but also faculty and institutions
- Designing courses around multiple resources
This program will benefit faculty, deans, instructional technology designers, and others who are interested in finding innovative ways to increase access to higher education and decrease textbook costs by implementing OER.
“Students should not have to donate plasma just to buy a book,” says Christensen in this 20-Minute Mentor. OER help diminish the significant textbook costs students face when enrolling in a class.
Without the need for pricey textbooks, students will be able to access learning materials for low or no cost and will ultimately feel more inclined to enroll in classes that don’t require steep textbook costs. This ultimately benefits students, faculty, and the institution. This program walks you through the implementation of OER from the perspectives of students, faculty, and academic leaders, arguing that the benefits of adopting OER far outweigh any potential challenges. Purchase today!
Product Code: PM18JA