Magna On-Demand Seminars
7 Things to Consider Before Developing an Online Course
This Magna Online Seminar gives you strategies to maximize your planning and design timeframe—all leading to a more efficient course (i.e. less stress for you when you’re teaching) and a better experience for your students.
There’s a very good chance that you’ve been tasked with developing an online course. And there’s a better chance that you’ll be given a very short deadline to get the work done.
7 Things to Consider Before Developing an Online Course is a Magna Online Seminar that gives you strategies to maximize your planning and design timeframe—all leading to a more efficient course (i.e. less stress for you when you’re teaching) and a better experience for your students. Led by Brian Udermann, PhD, you’ll learn how to allow for adequate time to develop a course, explore avenues to find course content, prioritize the content students need to learn, create an instructor participation plan, determine what course assessments will be used, estimate the overall workload associated with developing and teaching an online course, and use existing faculty support services available to help with course design and planning.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this online seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understanding the benefits of time spent planning on the front-end of developing online courses and how this can lead to both decreased stress for faculty and increased course quality
- Learn step-by-step planning and preparation actions that will positively impact identifying and developing course content, activities, and assessments
- Identify the benefits of developing an instructor participation plan, determining how technology will be used in a course, and considering workload management in the early stages of course design and development
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- How to establish a reasonable timeline for designing and developing an online course
- What the benefits of planning an online course while teaching the same course face-to-face are
- Which avenues to explore to find course content
- How to determine what content is most important for students to learn
- How to consider and establish the course navigation look
- Determining how technology will be used in the class
- Creating an instructor participation plan
- Identifying ways to build student-to-student and student-to-faculty interaction into an online course
- Determining what course assessments will be used
- Learning how advanced planning can help manage the workload related to online teaching
- Discovering how to use the existing faculty support services available at an institution
- A quality course review rubric to review prior to course development
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Instructional Technologists
- eLearning Specialists
- Department Chairs
- Anyone working in online course development in higher education, K-12, or business
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19BA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart