Creative Course Design: Yes You Can!
$147.00 – $347.00
Examine the value of interdisciplinary thinking to solve learning challenges, discover how to apply creative approaches to your course outcomes and assessments, and discover new excitement for teaching and collaborating within your discipline.
Bringing flavor and variety to courses is often a struggle—especially if you’re teaching the same course multiple times year after year.
But change is important! It’s what keeps student engagement high and teaching inspired. By taking some easy-to-implement, creative approaches to assessment development, learning objectives, and lesson planning, you can breathe new life into your courses.
Are you ready to get creative with your course design?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Creative Course Design: Yes You Can!, presented by Kenneth Alford, PhD and Anthony Sweat, PhD.
From developing courses with clear objectives and outcomes to effectively creating authentic assessments and presenting lessons, this seminar will help equip you with the creative approaches, fresh perspectives, and practical tools you need to take any course from bad to good, or from good to great.
No course is perfect, but by applying some simple fixes, you can dramatically revitalize the way students learn in your classroom. During this seminar, you’ll learn useful and creative approaches that help solve learning challenges, improve learning outcomes, and make teaching more fun and exciting.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Improve an existing course through creative course design
- Effectively collaborate with other teachers
- Enhance course objectives and goals
- Leverage practical teaching ideas that really work
- Understand how to align course assessments with learning outcomes
- Solutions to improving course design
- The role of sharing and borrowing ideas
- Aligning learning outcomes with teaching and learning activities and assessments
- The concept of Tweak & Tune
- The difference between active learning and being active
- Student attention spans
- The importance of clarity when presenting lessons
- Aligning the purpose of assessments with learning outcomes
This seminar will benefit new, mid-career, or experienced faculty.
To maintain high student engagement, instructors must keep their courses fresh and interesting. In this seminar, you’ll examine the value of interdisciplinary thinking to solve learning challenges, discover how to apply creative approaches to your course outcomes and assessments, and discover new excitement for teaching and collaborating within your discipline. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the live seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18HA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart