Magna On-Demand Seminars
Bringing Diversity and Inclusion into Your Quantitative Course
This Magna Online Seminar assists faculty in better understanding the variety of ways that topics related to diversity and inclusion can be brought into their existing quantitative courses while providing several practical ways to do this through their syllabus, curricula, and more.
With an increased emphasis on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion at higher education institutions across the country, many faculty are considering how they can better incorporate such topics into their courses. However, STEM and social science faculty, who teach quantitative courses, may have less obvious options to incorporate such topics.
Considering common challenges facing faculty who are teaching both STEM and social science methods, this Magna Online Seminar will provide a number of practical tips about how to create space for such topics in their quantitative courses. This program will reiterate the importance of providing space for this material, particularly as it can help to better support diverse student demographics (i.e. students of color and LGBTQ+ students in particular) in these disciplines.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand why this topic is important to a diversifying student population
- Identify how incorporating topics related to diversity and inclusion in quantitative courses can occur in small- and large-scale ways
- Consider how to accomplish this through syllabus design, curricular choices, and other methods
- Pinpoint ways to continue learning about this topic
Who should attend?
- STEM Faculty
- Social Science Faculty
- Provosts, Associate Provosts, and Assistant Provosts
- Deans, Associate Deans, and Assistant Deans
- Department Chairs and Department Heads
- Associate Professors and Assistant Professors
- Lecturers and Adjunct Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Directors of Diversity and Inclusion, Associate Directors of Diversity and Inclusion, and Assistant Directors of Diversity and Inclusion
Why you don’t want to miss this!
If you are still struggling to bring topics related to diversity and inclusion into your quantitative courses, you need a resource just like this Magna Online Seminar. Incorporating topics related to diversity and inclusion in quantitative courses can seem less straightforward when compared to courses in the humanities or liberal arts. Higher education is often expected to meet the needs of diverse student populations, including students of color and LGBTQ+ students, and this Magna Online Seminar will deliver numerous useful methods of doing this through your syllabus, curricula, and more.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21AA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart