Magna On-Demand Seminars
Foster Creative and Critical Thinking Through Intrinsic Motivation
This Magna Online Seminar will provide a variety of highly motivating learning design strategies that foster both creative and critical thinking.
Grit, self-efficacy, and growth mindset are desirable and aspirational traits for students to have and will make the difference between learning at low-level Bloom’s Taxonomy vs. truly engaging in and understanding course content, but how does a professor create the motivation it takes for students to achieve this? This online seminar is for any educator struggling with creating such paths to critical and creative thinking.
Participants will gain understanding of some of the differences between creative and critical thought processes and how these kinds of thinking are tied to intrinsic motivation. Highly motivating learning activities that foster both kinds of thinking will be shared, along with a motivational lesson design analysis tool. Upon completion of the seminar, faculty can use the motivational lesson design analysis tool to evaluate the learning and assessment design in their courses to ensure that the courses are designed to evoke both critical and creative thinking in the classroom.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Design learning activities that foster critical thinking
- Understand what kinds of assessments to use to best foster critical and creative thinking
- Use a motivational lesson design analysis tool to design highly motivating learning activities
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- How are the topics of motivation, critical thinking, and creativity connected in the research on teaching and learning?
- Aspects of learning design that promote critical thinking
- How can critical thinking nurture or inhibit creative thinking and vice versa?
- Intrinsic motivation and the five tests for motivational learning design
- How to analyze classroom learning design to improve student motivation
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designer
- Curriculum Specialist
- Faculty Development Center
- Faculty Development Coordinator
- Faculty Development Specialist
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19HA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart