Magna On-Demand Seminars
Four Common Teaching Traps and How to Avoid Them
Learn how to identify each of the four most common teaching problems, explore their implications, and understand warning signs and solution. Discover how to recognize misalignment, expert blind spots, content overload, and over-identification.
Four issues cause the lion’s share of serious teaching problems: expert blind spot, misalignment, content overload, and over-identification.
These four pitfalls—referred to as the Four Horsemen by the presenters of this seminar—can profoundly undermine student learning and motivation and cause countless headaches and setbacks for faculty. By taking a proactive approach and understanding where these issues stem from, its much easier to recognize and avoid them.
In this Magna Online Seminar, presented by Marie Norman, PhD and Michael Bridges, PhD, you’ll learn how to identify each of the four most common teaching problems, explore their implications, and understand warning signs and solutions. This in turn will help save you time and energy, and ensure the good will of your students over the long term.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize four serious teaching pitfalls
- Describe their effects on student learning and motivation
- Identify useful tips for avoiding them
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Expert blind spot
- Content overload
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Program Directors
- Curriculum Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
By leveraging the strategies discussed in this seminar and gaining a deeper understanding of the most common teaching issues, you’ll be able to increase student success rates and avoid various teaching challenges.
Teaching is complicated work and many issues-pedagogical, but also technological, logistical, administrative, and curricular-impact the effectiveness of instruction. The four most common teaching traps do not represent every teaching problem. Many of the most subtle and hard-to-detect problems are those which affect learning, performance, and motivation most profoundly, demoralizing faculty and students in the process. By staying attentive to the four teaching traps discussed in this presentation, you’ll be better able to avoid these subtle problems.
This engaging seminar presents some familiar ideas in a way you may have never considered—you’ll get an insiders look at the most common teaching challenges and gain useful tips for mitigating them. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18IA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart