Magna On-Demand Seminars
From Research to Practice: Enhancing Faculty Engagement—The Role of CTLs in Providing Peer Mentorship for New Faculty
Learn how to create a custom mentoring program to engage new faculty and improve engagement with the Center for Teaching and Learning.
Many new faculty lack confidence in their teaching abilities, struggle to gain student trust and establish a rapport with students, and may feel like an outsider among their colleagues in an academic environment. This is where a tailored mentoring program for new faculty can provide a transformative impact.
In this Magna Online Seminar, your presenters elaborate on their research published in the upcoming September issue of the Journal of Faculty Development on their work with the Peer Network program (PN) and the roles Centers for Teaching and Learning (CTL) play in providing peer mentorship for new faculty.
The pilot PN program aims to help new faculty foster a sense of belonging, deepen relationships with the CTL, support effective teaching, encourage empathy for students, celebrate successes, and affirm experiences. The positive research results demonstrate growth in community building, open communication, support for teaching, and increased engagement with the CTL.
Join the authors of this research as they emphasize the importance of tailored mentoring programs for first-year faculty to enhance engagement and involvement with the CTL.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the benefits of peer mentoring for new faculty
- Take away concrete ideas to implement a mentoring program for first-year faculty
Who should attend?
- Directors of Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Faculty or Educational Developers
- Administrative Leaders
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- 12-month on-demand access
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Product Code: OC23MD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart