Magna On-Demand Seminars
Giving Narrative Shape to Your Online Classroom
More than ever, students are motivated by knowing how a course will serve them in future learning or in life after college. This Magna Online Seminar helps faculty create a narrative that connects daily learning to future careers.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Online faculty think about the teaching of their course as tied to outcomes—the course content. And while that material is crucial to student success, there’s a bigger picture to consider.
This Magna Online Seminar will help faculty identify some practical strategies they can employ in the classroom to foster that larger conversation about student skills and outcomes, tying it to a deeper narrative about the course content and what it means outside the classroom.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Implement a plan for connecting classroom skills to larger outcomes—to kick off the narrative
- Utilize student contact points such as the discussion board to create a deeper picture of course content—to develop the narrative.
- Identify connections between skills learned in classes to success in the larger academic field and the careers that come next—to connect the narrative to the larger journey
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching online
Why you don’t want to miss this!
You’re a master of course content—but how do you deliver that robust subject matter knowledge to spark students from beginner to mastery level in your course outcomes? How can you leverage the unique instructional architecture of the online classroom to create a narrative about the content of your course while facilitating a meaningful learning experience that goes deeper than content?
By considering how you can intentionally connect course content to a bigger narrative about student progress and success, you can start to give shape to the learning in your online classroom. And when you leverage insights about how a student experiences a courses—as another step on the path—you can design a more comprehensive learning experience that anchors the narrative you create as a crucial aspect of the overall academic journey.
This Magna Online Seminar shows you how to develop an overarching communication plan for the classroom, concentrate on multiple points of contact with student learners, and establish a narrative for the class that goes deeper than content.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC21BA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart