Magna On-Demand Seminars
Implementing Mindful Online Teaching Using Zoom
For faculty teaching online, especially remote content delivery and synchronous classes, this Magna Online Seminar demonstrates intentional and mindful teaching you can implement to create an engaging experience for students and a greater sense of community in the class.
Zoom can be a powerful tool for interaction and education, but it can also be a passive and isolating experience. In this Magna Online Seminar, the presenter identifies strategies to use the synchronous environment more intentionally and mindfully to foster student learning and to also to create a more supportive space for students’ social and emotional well-being.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Use synchronous space more intentionally to support student learning and well-being
- Structure synchronous online lessons that engage students and promote participation
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching online
Why you don’t want to miss this!
The methods provided in this Magna Online Seminar will make the synchronous online space more engaging and supportive for student learning and emotional well-being. With the high rates of anxiety and other mental health issues on campus, these strategies can help online teachers build connections with their students, develop a sense of belonging in a sometimes isolating space, and ultimately lessen the anxiety and loneliness students feel.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC21FA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart