Magna On-Demand Seminars
Maximizing Student Engagement with Course Readings
Have you ever had difficulty getting students to complete required readings? Is it a challenge to get them to think more critically about the content? This Magna Online Seminar will introduce four methods for increasing your students’ engagement with course readings. Each method will be explored in detail, and all materials will be supplied for you to use these activities with your own classes.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Implement the four featured reading activities into your own classes
- Readily engage students with course readings
- Provide structure for more critical analysis of course readings
Who should attend?
- Faculty, both graduate and undergraduate
- Instructors, both graduate and undergraduate
- High School Instructors
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Course readings are an essential building block for learning in any teacher’s classroom. Readings keep students involved, prepared, and accountable while promoting the opportunity for active discussion in the classroom. But obvious challenges exist with these assignments: Are the students even completing the reading? How can you make the readings more engaging and interactive to foster critical thinking?
For teachers at any level who struggle with students not completing course reading or not thinking critically about reading assignments, this online seminar will provide four specific strategies that can be immediately applied in nearly any teaching environment.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Our presenter for this online seminar will provide you with four proven and essential reading activities that you will be able to immediately implement into your own classroom. Whether you are new to the profession or are tenured, you will walk away with necessary insights to maximize student engagement with your course readings and employ the essential structure to yield greater critical thinking about your reading content.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20JA