Magna On-Demand Seminars
An Online Educator’s Guide to Using Zoom Features to Enhance Student Interactivity
Only a few months ago, educators across the world were plunged into the world of distance learning with very little and often no training whatsoever. As teachers and administrators prepare for the Fall 2020 semester, this Magna Online Seminar will help you keep your online synchronous classroom from being simply lecture-based through a variety of interactive learning techniques that will keep your synchronous classroom buzzing.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Utilize Zoom features to enhance interactivity in your online classroom
- Identify at least three ways you can increase collaboration and interaction among students
- Imagine an entire class with no lecture components
Who should attend?
- Instructional designers
- Educational developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
When transitioning to teaching online, especially in a short timeframe, many educators simply record their lectures and convert their assignments to an online format. Teachers who had interactive activities for their students in a face-to-face classroom are often stymied by the technology used for distance learning and resort to more passive learning. This online seminar provides 10 simple interventions that can make material more engaging to a synchronous online student population.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Access to the on-demand seminar will be emailed to you within 1 business day.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
This online seminar is a straight-forward resource perfect for any teacher that has to deliver their classes remotely due to pandemic-related restrictions. Teachers who have been asked to deliver course content online but may not have much knowledge of online teaching or delivery platforms will discover easy-to-execute ideas for active learning and student engagement in a synchronous online class.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC20BA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Magna Commons
- More Information