Magna On-Demand Seminars
Reimagining STEM Education Through a Humanities Lens
For STEM educators who are striving to meet student interest in inclusive and meaning-centered education, this Magna Online Seminar provides concrete, evidence-based strategies and a framework for reimagining a STEM education through a humanities lens.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Align what students expect from their education with what faculty think they should expect
- Transform the classroom—virtual or in-person—into a sanctuary where all students can explore life, the inner and the outer
- Create a meaning-centered education which is grounded in love of knowledge and humanity
Who should attend?
- STEM Faculty
- Secondary school STEM educators
- Instructional Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
This Magna Online Seminar is for any educator thinking about how to reintegrate the arts and humanities into STEM education.
Our presenter will compare faculty perception of the purpose of STEM with their students’ expectations. Does their understanding align with what their students think? Does it matter?
Participants will be introduced to a phenomenological framework on STEM-inclusive teaching. Explore concrete, evidence-informed strategies to align what students expect from their education with what faculty think; transform the classroom—virtual or in-person—into a sanctuary where all students can explore life; and create a meaning-centered education which is grounded in love of knowledge, beauty, and humanity.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Even the most experienced educators may, for whatever reason, create a content-driven curriculum for STEM courses without including application or purpose. Students seek more out of their education than credits, degrees, and job placement. They are also looking for a transformative experience where they can learn about themselves and the world—that they are part of something bigger than the classroom.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20OA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- More Information