Simple Strategies to Create an Inclusive Classroom for Gender Variant Students
$297.00 – $497.00
Gain important insights into the ways you can create a classroom environment and a pedagogical approach that are responsive to the needs of all students and that contribute to an environment of mutual esteem and respect.
Discover what you can do to promote their success!
Simple Strategies to Create an Inclusive Classroom for Gender Variant Students provides insights on the special challenges transgender and gender-variant students face in higher education. It examines the alienation and marginalization such students experience, along with the resultant effects on academic success and student retention. You’ll gain important insights into the ways you can create a classroom environment and a pedagogical approach that are responsive to the needs of all students and that contribute to an environment of mutual esteem and respect. From syllabus development to in-class etiquette, this timely seminar provides critical knowledge and tools to address the unique needs of a classroom constituency in need of your support.
If you’re committed to better understanding the needs of transgender students—and meeting those needs in your pedagogy—don’t miss this informative and inspiring presentation. It will help you:
- Create a more welcoming classroom for all your students
- Hone your pedagogy to be inclusive of transgender and gender-variant students
- Establish a classroom environment of mutual esteem and respect
- Promote better student retention among gender-nonconforming students
- Stay in compliance with evolving Title IX guidelines
You’ll learn how to pursue an informed, intentional approach to building positive relationships with and among students of all genders.
This idea-filled seminar provides important perspectives and a wealth of actionable information. Your presenter will offer:
- Insights on how gender-variant students experience a typical classroom
- Techniques for establishing an inclusive tone in your classroom and in your syllabi
- Guidelines for setting classroom behavioral expectations
- Standards with respect to confidentiality
- Recommendations about etiquette toward gender-variant students
- Direction on behaviors and methods that promote student inclusion and retention
After the watching this video, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate the concerns of gender-variant students
- Define strategies for making your classroom more inclusive
- Develop pedagogical approaches that enhance learning outcomes for gender-variant students
- Describe the extent to which Title IX protects these students under a new federal administration
You’ll benefit from this seminar if you are a:
- Faculty member
- Graduate assistant
- Administrator concerned with student inclusion or retention
Gender-nonconforming students face challenges both inside and outside the classroom. We can create more welcoming and inclusive learning environments for them—and in doing so, enhance their chances for academic success. Order this seminar today and learn how you can best serve this under-supported constituency.
Product Code: PC17MA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart