Magna On-Demand Seminars
Using Student Feedback to Immediately Improve Teaching
For teaching faculty who are looking for continuous improvement in their instruction, this Magna Online Seminar demonstrates how real-time evaluations and teaching improvement benefit both current students and the instructor.
Using student feedback can be one of the most powerful ways instructors can improve their teaching. This Magna Online Seminar explores why it’s important to gather student feedback on teaching and the benefits that can come with collecting and acting on that feedback.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the benefits of collecting student feedback on teaching while a course is in-session
- Design effective tools/surveys to gather student feedback
- Identify effective strategies on how to collect student feedback
- Explain the importance of thoroughly reflecting on the feedback received from students
- Determine ways that their teaching can be improved based upon the feedback received from students
Who should attend?
Why you don’t want to miss this!
It is common for institutions to collect student feedback on teaching once a course is completed and that feedback is often used as a performance measure for instructors. It is less common to use student feedback as a teaching improvement tool. Doing so can be an effective way for faculty to improve instruction.
In this Magna Online Seminar, you will learn ways to effectively design tools, surveys, and instruments to collect student feedback and learn strategies of how to actually go about gathering that feedback. Additionally, you will be able to implement changes based on student feedback while their course is in session to improve your teaching and positively impact student learning.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21BA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart