Magna On-Demand Seminars
Using UDL to Create Effective Educational Assessments
A tenured Universal Design for Learning (UDL) expert will discuss assessment alternatives based on UDL framework that are acceptable even in cases where instructors do not believe they have flexibility to change assessments.
Do you sometimes use traditional assessment methods despite having some students who may not do well with them? This Magna Online Seminar offers alternatives based on the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework that are acceptable even in cases where instructors do not believe they have flexibility to change assessments.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate the value of designing flexible assessments for validity and learning
- Explain how UDL provides structure to design flexible assessments which gives students the opportunity to show what they know in more than one way
- Apply best practices of UDL assessment design to assessment in a given learning experience
Who should attend?
- Graduate assistants
- Instructional designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Assessment is the heart of the student experience and serves as a critical vehicle by which learners engage and communicate their learning to instructors. Yet, it’s also an area of learning that is often entangled with strong negative emotions from these learners. Explore how Universal Design for Learning can be used to guide the design of assessments that provide flexibility, choice, and authenticity to learners, which results in better expression of mastery, motivation, and self-regulation for your students.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
This online seminar seeks to offer pragmatic methods to address the predictable variability of learners with regards to how they express themselves and their learning. There are many conceptions and misconceptions instructors may have about flexibility in assessment. Through this seminar, these beliefs are addressed, and a strong case is built for why flexibility leads to enhanced validity, improved student outcomes, and a better experience for all.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20GA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart