How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?
$99.00 – $199.00
Balancing theory and practice, this fast and focused session will show you how you can be an effective advisor and coach without detracting from your other responsibilities.
How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?
You’re an expert in your field of study, and you can skillfully navigate the culture of your campus. Yet you may not have experience with mentoring junior faculty beyond lending some friendly advice upon occasion.
In fact, awareness is one of the greatest obstacles to establishing effective mentoring programs in colleges and universities.
Learn the essential principles you need to know about mentoring in How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor. Balancing theory and practice, this fast and focused session will show you how you can be an effective advisor and coach without detracting from your other responsibilities.
Mentoring might not be intuitive, but this content-rich 20-minute presentation will provide you with an organized approach to coaching colleagues.
You’ll learn the principles of mentoring new faculty from their first semester teaching through the tenure process. Guiding your mentee toward self-sufficiency and success is the goal, according to presenter Professor Ken Alford of Brigham Young University.
Setting your fellow faculty members up for rewarding careers is just as important as supporting your students. This practical program will give you the tools you need to steer your colleagues toward professional success.
After participating in this program, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Describe the basic principles of effective mentoring and recognize how these principles can be applied
- Design and operate a productive mentoring relationship
- Support a mentee through the five stages of development
- Assemble additional resources as you manage new mentoring situations
Employing short, simple examples throughout the presentation, Professor Alford demonstrates a strategic approach to mentoring and helps you see how it can function in your work life.
You cant help your mentees if you don’t know what help they need. This program will show you how to start your mentoring relationship off on the right foot and carry it through to a successful conclusion. You’ll learn the following:
- What guidelines you and your mentee should establish from the start
- Helpful communication practices for mentors
- The three realms in which mentees need to achieve
- How to determine when your mentee needs additional help
- The best ways to support junior faculty through the tenure process
If you have knowledge and experience you want to share with junior faculty, How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?is the program for you.
It is particularly helpful if you are accomplished in your profession but may have little experience in serving as a counselor or coach for others. The presenters succinct overview of mentoring principles and practices will help you become the kind of mentor you want to be.
Learn the essential principles to effectively advise and coach junior faculty while meeting all your other responsibilities. Order today, as this program will show you how to start your mentoring relationship off on the right foot and carry it through to a successful conclusion.
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart