How Can I Get Students to Engage with Course Content Before Class?
This program addresses how student misconceptions about course content can become barriers to learning and offers several techniques to help teachers facilitate the adoption of alternative viewpoints in their students. The presenters discuss a variety of motivational methods to explore the impact that engagement with the material prior to coming to the classroom experience has on the student brain and ultimately student success.
Purchase the How Can I Get Students to Engage with Course Content Before Class? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Tom Saleska, PhD and Sarah Lovern, PhD. In this 20-minute session, discover brain-friendly techniques to get your students to think, understand, and engage before they come to class.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of how student brains work
- Discover what learning looks like at the cellular level
- Learn how to maximize student brainpower to improve student success
- Techniques for initiating brain change before class
- Student engagement before class
- Setting expectations that improve student learning
This program will benefit:
- Associate Professors
- Assistant Professors
- Adjunct Professors
- Teaching Professors
- Transfer Professors
Product Code: PM18EB