How Can I Increase Student Completion Rates in Online Learning?
Intentional design based on how the brain learns and that accounts for diverse learners promotes equitable learning and high academic performance. In this program, learn how to adopt a systemic and practical approach to increase online completion rates in the context of declining overall enrollments, increasing student diversity, and rising educational costs. And, understand that instructors partnering with instructional designers in the context of institutional support is key to implementing the proposed framework elements.
Purchase the How Can I Increase Student Completion Rates in Online Learning? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Miebeth Bustillo-Booth. Online learning completion rates are lower than face-to-face course completion. At the heart of this problem is the lack of intentional course design and delivery framework and systemic implementation plan with continuous institutional support.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize that online learning is a systemic problem in need of systems-based solution.
- Learn about an intentional online design and delivery framework based on research and evidence.
- Apply the framework by using a cafeteria approach, where—depending on institutional resources—elements can be implemented to create an online learning environment that encourages higher completion rates.
- Context: Online Trends
- Understanding the Retention Problem
- Solution Framework and Strategies
This program will benefit:
- Faculty Development
- Instructional Designers
- Online Faculty
Product Code: PM19GA