How Can Social Learning be Used as a Reflective Practice in Faculty Development?
Engaged and motivated faculty directly impact student success. This is why effective faculty development is essential! Faculty development helps educators become better teachers and more competent professionals all while playing a major role in student learning, retention, and completion. This program details a unique perspective on how to design and deliver programming for faculty success using social learning theory, where faculty are able to interact and learn directly from their peers.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Describe how faculty development plays an important role in faculty teacher efficacy
- Evaluate their own faculty development programming to identify intention of building on the sources of faculty teacher efficacy
- State the best practices for developing a faculty development program grounded in social learning theory
- Faculty Development
- Teacher Efficacy-Beliefs
- Social Learning Theory
- An example of a faculty development program that uses the sources of influence to improve teacher efficacy
This program will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Instructional designers
- Faculty training & development
- Academic administrators
Product Code: OM20BD