Building a Tougher Student: Applying the Research on Intellectual Development
$297.00 – $497.00
Explore how the way students think and learn has changed, as well as two research-based models and a set of strategies for using these models to build resilience and enhance critical thinking in your classroom.
As new students enter your institution each year, they bring a new way of thinking and learning with them.
For this reason, you must understand how to mold your teaching to fit the needs of today’s learners. Have you noticed that students are less resilient than they were in the past? Are they less able to think critically? Many instructors would agree.
By applying research on how students learn and intellectually develop, you can foster a growth mindset, improve learning, and ultimately build tougher modern learners.
Are you ready to improve the way students learn in your classroom?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Building a Tougher Student: Applying the Research on Intellectual Development, presented by Mike Bridges, PhD and Marie Norman, PhD. You’ll explore how the way students think and learn has changed, as well as two research-based models and a set of strategies for using these models to build resilience and enhance critical thinking in your classroom.
This seminar distinguishes the characteristics of growth vs. fixed mindset, identifies four key stages of intellectual development, and provides a set of specific strategies to apply these models in your teaching. By implementing these strategies, you’ll promote resilience, foster a growth mindset, and facilitate stronger critical thinking skills in your students.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Distinguish the characteristics of a growth vs. fixed mindset
- Identify four key stages of intellectual development
- Identify a set of specific strategies to apply both models in your teaching
- Carol Dweck’s growth mindset research
- Perry’s model of intellectual development
- Strategies for applying both research models
- Changing student demographics and their implications
- Representations of college students in the media
Faculty, instructional designers, and program administrators will benefit from viewing this seminar.
Promoting critical thinking and resiliency in students should be a major goal of all faculty and academics. After all, these skills are essential to success both in and out of the classroom. By implementing the research-based strategies detailed in this seminar, you’ll help improve student learning, persistence, and performance. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18GA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart