Magna On-Demand Seminars
Creating and Maintaining a Robust Faculty Mentoring Program
You will learn how to establish and maintain a meaningful faculty mentoring program that enables your faculty to be successful as teachers, scholars, and citizens.
Universities and colleges spend large sums of money to find, recruit, and hire new faculty.
Without sufficient guidance, many of those new faculty members will fall short of expectations somewhere along the path to tenure. One way to ensure new faculty can balance their responsibilities and fulfill their academic roles is through faculty mentoring programs.
An effective faculty mentoring program is grounded in nurturing new faculty without draining too much time and energy from mentors. The goal is for both the mentor and mentee to benefit from the relationship. Cultivating such a dynamic, however, is easier said than done.
Register today for the Magna online seminar, Creating and Maintaining a Robust Mentoring Program, presented by Kenneth Alford, PhD, and Tyler Griffin, PhD. By approaching faculty mentoring from both the mentor and mentee perspectives, this presentation provides balanced insights into methods for creating and maintaining worthwhile mentorship programs.
No matter who you are or where you are in your career, you have likely been a mentor or mentee at some point. By participating in this seminar, you’ll gain new perspectives on mentor-mentee relationships and strategies that will give new faculty the edge to succeed.
Both Alford and Griffin have extensive mentoring experience and hold differing points of view on the topic. This engaging program, full of real-world advice, will inspire both academic leaders and faculty alike to build and maintain healthy mentoring relationships which, in turn, will improve morale and promote faculty and student success across campus.
Building an effective faculty mentoring program is an important part of creating an institutional culture of success. Whether your institution already has a mentoring program in place or you’re looking to start a program from scratch, this seminar will give you practical advice and strategies that you can implement right away.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Establish and maintain a robust faculty mentoring program
- Understand mentoring from both the mentor and mentee perspectives
- Enable mentors to succeed
- Enable mentees to succeed
- Improve relationships across campus
- Create effective, successful faculty
- The pros and cons of mentoring programs
- Mentoring principles and practices for program administrators, faculty mentors, and mentored faculty
- How to be an accessible mentor and effectively manage your time
- Practical advice for establishing and maintaining a successful mentoring relationship
This seminar will be of particular interest to deans, associate deans, department chairs, senior faculty, mid-career faculty, aspiring mentors, and new faculty who are interested in building an effective mentorship program or enhancing a program already in place.
By improving faculty mentor-mentee relationships on your campus, you’ll stand to gain more effective faculty, more successful students, and better-quality courses, programs, and evaluations. Register for this online seminar today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. Without the additional Campus Access License, registrants are limited to viewing the program.
Product Code: OC18AD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart