Magna On-Demand Seminars
Creative Course Design: Yes You Can!
Examine the value of interdisciplinary thinking to solve learning challenges, discover how to apply creative approaches to your course outcomes and assessments, and discover new excitement for teaching and collaborating within your discipline.
Bringing flavor and variety to courses is often a struggle—especially if you’re teaching the same course multiple times year after year.
But change is important! It’s what keeps student engagement high and teaching inspired. By taking some easy-to-implement, creative approaches to assessment development, learning objectives, and lesson planning, you can breathe new life into your courses.
Are you ready to get creative with your course design?
From developing courses with clear objectives and outcomes to effectively creating authentic assessments and presenting lessons, this Magna Online Seminar will help equip you with the creative approaches, fresh perspectives, and practical tools you need to take any course from bad to good, or from good to great.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Improve an existing course through creative course design
- Effectively collaborate with other teachers
- Enhance course objectives and goals
- Leverage practical teaching ideas that really work
- Understand how to align course assessments with learning outcomes
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Solutions to improving course design
- The role of sharing and borrowing ideas
- Aligning learning outcomes with teaching and learning activities and assessments
- The concept of Tweak & Tune
- The difference between active learning and being active
- Student attention spans
- The importance of clarity when presenting lessons
- Aligning the purpose of assessments with learning outcomes
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit new, mid-career, or experienced faculty.
Why you don’t want to miss this!
No course is perfect, but by applying some simple fixes, you can dramatically revitalize the way students learn in your classroom. During this seminar, you’ll learn useful and creative approaches that help solve learning challenges, improve learning outcomes, and make teaching more fun and exciting.
To maintain high student engagement, instructors must keep their courses fresh and interesting. In this seminar, you’ll examine the value of interdisciplinary thinking to solve learning challenges, discover how to apply creative approaches to your course outcomes and assessments, and discover new excitement for teaching and collaborating within your discipline. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18HA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart