Strategies for Making Lectures More Active, Engaging, and Meaningful
$297.00 – $497.00
Participants will learn a series of low-risk, very easy to implement strategies, tips, and tools that they can implement to make their lectures more student-centered and engaging in order to promote higher level learning.
Lecture is an efficient way to deliver a large amount of information to a large group of students, but it has long been criticized for failing to engage students and promote higher level thinking skills.
Despite the criticisms, lectures still prevail in many institutions across subject areas. Many faculty rely on lecturing as the default instructional approach.
Are you ready to heighten student engagement as you lecture? By implementing some simple, research-driven solutions, you can do just that!
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Strategies for Making Lectures More Active, Engaging, and Meaningful, presented by Meixun Zheng, PhD. You’ll learn low-risk instructional strategies for transforming lectures into student-centered learning experiences.
In this seminar, you’ll learn non-tech and low-tech supported active learning solutions that promote student engagement, learning, and development of higher level cognitive skills during lectures. By implementing these tools and strategies, you’ll better engage large student audiences.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the common misconceptions about active learning opportunities during lectures
- Leverage non-tech and low-tech active learning strategies and tools during your lectures
- Promote student engagement
- Styles of active learning
- Student engagement
- Dividing lectures into chunks
- Effective questioning techniques
- Whole group/small group activities
- Writing/reflection activities
- Mobile polling
- Classroom gameplay
Faculty, instructional designers, faculty developers, and Center for Teaching and Learning staff will benefit from viewing this seminar.
There’s no doubt that lectures are here to stay, so making lectures more active, engaging, and meaningful to students is a must for faculty. The situation is made more complex by restricted classroom instruction time and large class sizes. This presentation provides easy-to-implement solutions to these classroom problems. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18EA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart