Time Management for Faculty and Students in Flipped Learning Environments
$297.00 – $497.00
Announcing an all-new Magna Online Seminar that will help you with time management before your course starts and as you teach. Well also give advice to help students work smarter (not harder) when they shift learning new material to the pre-class space. Lastly, well cover how to use time wisely during the class meeting in order to tap into the maximum benefits of active learning.
We live and we die by time. And we must not commit the sin of losing our track on time-Chuck Nolan (Tom Hanks) from the movie Cast Away.
No doubt youve heard many times that using time effectively is one of the most sure-fire ways to ensure success. So how does this relate to implementing flipped classroom strategies? If you are new to the flipped classroom or have already started converting your class, you want to use your time most effectively for:
- Building a course
- Managing the course
- Helping students manage their time
A Magna Online Seminar that will help you with time management before your course starts and as you teach. Well also give advice to help students worker smarter (not harder) when they shift learning new material to the pre-class space. Lastly, well cover how to use time wisely during the class meeting in order to tap into the maximum benefits of active learning.
Upon completion of this seminar, youll be able to:
- Construct a long-term plan for building a flipped class
- Construct a sensible calendar for a flipped class that uses time through the semester to support independent learning
- Design effective, brief activities for the first and last 5 minutes of a flipped class meeting
- Use the flipped structure of a class to support maximized active learning during the face-to-face phase
- Draft reasonable expectations for students regarding their use of time in a flipped environment
- Address common misconceptions about time management and time requirements in a flipped environment
- Gain useful strategies for working with students to help them effectively manage time, tasks, and projects
Here’s What We’ll Cover
- Managing time when building a course:
- The One-Year Plan for designing a flipped environment
- Building time into the rhythm of a course
- The importance of structure and calendars
- Managing time during a flipped course:
- Designing the pre-class activities with time in mind
- The importance of activities for the first 5 minutes of class and the last 5 minutes of class
- Creating and managing time for effective in-class activities
- Helping students manage their time:
- Clarifying expectations about time
- How students in a flipped environment use time
- Myths and misconceptions about the time requirements for flipped environments
- How to incentivize students to be effective with time and planning
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Development Staff
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19GA