Managing Adjunct Faculty: A Resource Collection for Administrators
- Bulk orders placed MUST be for quantities of 10+
- Only the printed version is available for bulk order
- Bulk orders for quantities less than 10 will not be honored
- To purchase the digital format or less than 10 print copies, visit Amazon.com
- To purchase 50+ copies, contact sales manager Kevin Patrick at 800-433-0499 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chances are your adjunct population has been built on an ad hoc basis to fill instructional needs. As a result, your institution might not have a solid management framework to support those adjuncts.
That’s a gap you can close with guidance from Managing Adjunct Faculty: A Resource Collection for Administrators. This invaluable guide offers an extensive review of best practices for managing an adjunct cohort and integrating them more fully into your campus community. Whether you’re looking to gain better control over a large adjunct program or seeking to get ahead of the curve on a growing one, you’ll find it to be an invaluable resource.
Featuring articles drawn from the newsletters Academic Leader, Distance Education Report, and Recruitment and Retention, the authors address management issues for both traditional and online adjuncts. You’ll gain research-based and classroom-tested insights on topics including:
- Centralized adjunct support
- Adjunct performance monitoring
- Resource needs for adjuncts
- Best practices and policies for adjunct support
- Free resources for adjunct development
- Online adjunct orientation
- Adjunct support in small online programs
- Retention of distance adjuncts
- Adjuncts’ impact on admissions
- Online tools adjuncts can access
The book also features supplemental resources such as competencies lists for online adjuncts, teacher evaluation forms, training and development checklists, and more.
Our bulk-rate pricing makes Managing Adjunct Faculty: A Resource Collection for Administrators affordable for distribution to anyone engaged in managing and supporting adjuncts at both the institutional and departmental level.
Build the structure your adjuncts need to succeed, and see the results in better retention, better teaching, and better student outcomes. Order today!
Product Code: OB16AA