Applying Andragogy to Online Course Design to Increase Student Engagement and Success
Naturally, adults and children learn in different ways. However, this truism does not necessarily translate when learners transition from secondary to postsecondary educational settings. It’s even more elusive in online learning environments as students are not immediately visible to their instructors. This seminar will first challenge you to “see” your students by understanding that the learning style and needs of historically traditional online students is different than what the current student population desires. Additionally, you will gain strategies to apply adult learner principles in online courses to enable high expectations and promote student success across diverse adult learners.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the obstacles of higher-level learning
- Analyze adult learning characteristics that inform equitable teaching strategies
- Apply best practices in adult learning
Here's What We'll Cover
- Defining learning and the barriers of learning
- Adult learner principles
- Andragogic course analysis through an equity lens
- Transparency in Learning and Teaching (TILT) strategies
- Collective teacher efficacy (CTE)
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Program directors
- Program or discipline chairs
- Instructional deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19VA