What Culturally Responsive Teaching Techniques Can I Use to Improve Learning?
This program is designed to teach participants how multiculturalism impacts the classroom in a variety of ways with a variety of learning outcomes. Instructors learn to account for the multitude of cultures in the classroom by teaching in a culturally responsive way that ensures that all students have the same opportunity to learn.
Purchase the What Culturally Responsive Teaching Techniques Can I Use to Improve Learning? 20-Minute Mentor program presented by Kate Sweeney. In this 20-minute session, faculty become more aware of cultural differences as well as the intersectionality of all different cultures represented in the classroom to engage with students on a deeper level.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Learn how to impart intercultural competence skills to students
- Understand how cultural differences impact student's experience in the classroom
- Incorporate culturally responsive strategies in the classroom
- Recognize how cultural differences are exhibited in the classroom
- Six basic cultural differences we find in the classroom
- Introspection: What messages and experiences shape personal assumptions
- How to foster a more culturally responsive approach to teaching
- What does a multicultural classroom look like?
This program will benefit:
- Associate Professors
- Assistant Professors
- Adjunct Professors
- Teaching Professors
- Transfer Professors
- Department Chairs
- Associate Deans
Product Code: PM18TA