Four Strategies to Engage the Multicultural Classroom
$297.00 – $497.00
Diversity is the name of the game in higher education today, but facilitating a genuinely multicultural classroom requires more than a fresh set of labels. Learn the four key points of entry into multicultural course design. You will be guided through a framework for creating and sustaining an inclusive classroom.
Designing for Diversity
Diversity is the name of the game in higher education today, but facilitating a genuinely multicultural classroom requires more than a fresh set of labels.
This 90-minute seminar is designed to enhance your professional understanding and engagement with diversity.
Starting with a current, operational definition of diversity and the four key points of entry into multicultural course design, your presenters guide you through a framework for creating and sustaining an inclusive classroom.
The program provides practical information you can use right away, such as how to:
- Use self-assessment, student feedback and professional development throughout your career to enhance your ability to teach inclusively
- Build mutually educational relationships with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Solicit and incorporate useful feedback from students
- Link your courses learning outcomes to diversity and social justice
This seminar provides you with a comprehensive model for working with diversity issues. You’ll learn:
- An enhanced definition of diversity, going beyond race and gender
- A framework for multicultural course design and operation
- Appropriate techniques for critical discussion in a multicultural classroom
- Teaching strategies to promote diversity in your classes
“Get ready to write like mad and take oodles of great notes! 🙂 Seriously, I have a hand cramp! 🙂 Worth every penny!” – Lauralyn McWilliams, Professor of Speech and Faculty Associate for the Center for Teaching and Learning, Montgomery College
“This will help even if you have experience with this area of curriculum development.” – Kathy Ziga, North Carolina State University
“[This seminar] provided an affirmation that the work I am doing in Diversity and faculty development is relevant and valid. It also provided meaningful encouragement that we must continue this good work in the area of culture and diversity.” – Lena Crouso, NCATE Diversity Chair and Assistant Professor of Education, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Four Strategies to Engage the Multicultural Classroom is not only for diversity experts.
The seminar is designed for all university faculty who teach across disciplines and in a variety of institutional settings.
Order this valuable program today.
Product Code: PC12EA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart