Magna On-Demand Seminars
Effective Assessment Strategies for Large Classes
Discover ideas that you will be able to incorporate almost immediately from an educator who has successfully implemented meaningful feedback and effective grading approaches in large-section classes.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Due to practical demands, many professors are required to teach large-section classes with hundreds of students.
If you have ever taught a large-section class, you understand how difficult it is to individually grade papers, assignments, or projects, or meet with hundreds of students one-on-one to provide individual feedback. There must be a better way-right?
Using peer assessment, self-assessment, creative coursework design, grading rubrics, and technology, educators can offer meaningful feedback and effective grading approaches in large-section classes. Discover ideas that you will be able to incorporate almost immediately from an educator who has successfully used this approach.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate how to incorporate peer-to-peer feedback for formative and summative assessments
- Incorporate student self-assessment
- Analyze the difference between well-structured and poorly structured grading rubrics for efficient and consistent grading by teaching assistants
- Understand how to use technology to provide automated feedback on multiple choice questions
- Implement an outcome-based, cumulative semester project
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Meaningful assignments in large classes
- Creating and following clearly defined rubrics for effective yet efficient grading
- Using peer-to-peer assessment for formative and summative assessment
- Using student self-evaluation for formative and summative assessment
- Using technology (such as an LMS system) to provide automated feedback on multiple choice
- Implementing outcome-based projects
- Cumulative alignment in semester assessments
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Teaching and learning coordinators
- Teaching and learning consultants
- Academic deans
- Department chairs
- Faculty mentors
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19FA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart