How to Use Interactive Lecturing as Pedagogy of Engagement
In recent years, lectures as a pedagogical approach have come under considerable fire. Critics have called lectures boring, obsolete, old-fashioned, overused, and even unfair. The criticisms, however, are often leveled at one type of lecture: the full-session, transmission-model lecture. Still, there is another type of lecture that has tried and true benefits: the interactive lecture. This seminar will detail interactive lecturing, a model for combining lectures and active learning techniques in a way that can engage students and improve their learning. By watching this program, you will gain practical and actionable ideas and creative approaches to a comfortable method. With the use of interactive lecturing, you will gain improved learning in the classroom.
Upon completion of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Contrast transmission lectures and interactive lectures
- Describe three approaches to creating more engaging presentations
- Describe four active learning techniques that can support learning in lectures
Here's What We'll Cover
- Characteristics of effective lecture presentations
- Active learning techniques that can be used to support student learning in lectures
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for one year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19SA