Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity
Thursday, November 8, 2018 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 10/25/18, $297 thereafter
Are you tired of being the “ethics police,” trying to catch cheaters and prevent dishonest conduct? This Magna Online Seminar shows how to flip the script and design learning interactions that foster academic honesty, creating learners who are less tempted to take shortcuts in the first place.
Join us on November 8 for Creating a Culture of Academic Integrity, a Magna Online Seminar led by Thomas Tobin, PhD. Discover concrete practices you can use right away to communicate expectations clearly for student ethical conduct, which are much more effective than spending time trying to catch cheaters after the fact. Moving from “I caught you” to “I taught you” involves more than just sending student work to a database, but it’s worth the effort to understand originality in terms of the expectations of the various disciplines across campus.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define originality, specifically for the sciences, humanities, and social sciences
- Customize academic-integrity strategies to the discipline taught and level of rigor expected of learners
- Adopt academic-integrity strategies to create and sustain a climate of ethical behavior
- Definitions of originality
- Three key types of academic integrity strategies
- Best practices for ensuring academic integrity
- How to implement cognitive neuroscience-based academic integrity strategies
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Teaching and learning center staff
- Institutional administrators
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 11/08/18
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18XA