Student Technology Skills: Expectations vs. Reality
Thursday, January 17, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 01/03/19, $297 thereafter
Your students might not know what you think they do about technology. And, you might not be teaching them the tech skills employers expect them to bring to the workplace. This online seminar seeks to reveal the truth about students’ digital literacy and will examine the potential disparity between campus curriculum and employers’ expectations. Learn strategies for (re)implementing basic, necessary digital-literacy to help meet students’ learning needs without straying from your scheduled curricula.
Join us on January 17 for Student Technology Skills: Expectations vs. Reality, a Magna Online Seminar led by Katherine Jones. Discover the expectations of students’ incoming technological competency vs. the reality of their ability to learn and use technological devices and programs. Understand employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees vs. the types of technology skills actually being taught to students in higher education.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand expectations vs. reality when it comes to the technological competency of students entering higher education
- Recognize the need for more thorough and specific digital competency education in academia
- Discuss employer expectations of students coming into the workforce and the disconnect that exists between expectations and reality as students leave higher education
- Faculty expectations of students’ incoming technological competency
- The reality of students’ ability to use technological devices and programs
- Employer expectations regarding the technological competency of their new employees
- The technology skills taught to students in higher education
This seminar will benefit:
- Students Services
- Career Services
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 01/17/19
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19AA