How Can I Earn Swift Trust in My Online Classes?
“Swift trust”: This concept was born in the business world, but it’s one that holds great promise for your online classroom.
Swift trust is a kind of relationship-building concept designed for use in quick-starting, short-duration groups or teams, as a substitute for the kind of trust typically built over long periods of time. It encourages participants to believe in both the good intentions and the efficacy of their leader and their group.
What better formula for putting an online class in the position to collaborate, interact, and learn effectively? In this 20-Minute Mentor program, you’ll discover how to use swift-trust techniques to build a healthy atmosphere of trust and confidence from the very outset of your courses.
Throughout the presentation, you’ll discover how the core elements of creating trust – communicating fully and openly, delivering on promises, building confidence, recognizing concerns – can be accomplished in an online course setting. You’ll receive a wealth of valuable insights on:
- Quickly establishing meaningful relationships with and among students
- Helping students feel they have a voice
- Boosting students’ confidence in their ability to handle both course technology and course content
- Creating a sense of community and mutual trust through group exercises
- Establishing lines of communication and maintaining the right tone
- Reaching out effectively to students via email, phone, video, and other media
Participating in this information-packed seminar will give you the insights you need to:
- Define “swift trust” and articulate its value in an online classroom
- Create a learning community in which your students gain confidence and trust in you and their classmates
- Adopt trust-building communication habits
- Develop exercises to increase students’ comfort with coursework
- Practice feedback methods that students value
During this 20-Minute Mentor presentation, you’ll learn how to apply trust-building principles in a broad range of online course interactions, including:
- Classroom introductions
- Collaborative exercises
- Multimedia presentations
- Course policies and syllabi
- Communication channels
We recommend the seminar for new and experienced instructors alike. Whatever your career stage, it will help you create a classroom climate in which students are trusting, confident, engaged, and focused on success.
A high-functioning online classroom is built on trust. When students feel supported and valued by their instructors and their peers, they feel more comfortable engaging fully – and more enthusiastic about doing so. Discover how you can quickly build trust among your online students to create a more robust, successful learning community. Order How Can I Earn Swift Trust in My Online Classes?
Product Code: QM17IA