What Is the Best Leadership Advice I Ever Received?
You know better than most that a leadership position in higher education is a demanding job. Fortunately, you don’t have to go at it alone.
In this program, Ann Taylor, PhD, assistant dean for distance learning and director of the John A. Dutton e-Education Institute at Penn State University, shares her personal “Top 10” pieces of advice that she’s received while working in higher-education leadership for the past two decades, illustrating each with a story of its influence. Her advice is universal in its applicability and is essential to any leader, regardless of scale or experience!
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Apply the leadership advice provided to their own actions in the workplace
- Be motivated to share the guidance they receive from others as they mentor future leaders
- Advice related to topics such as:
- Dealing with workplace negativity
- Work/life balance
- Being "visionary"
- Maintaining open communication
- The hiring process
- Rewarding employees when budgets are tight
This program will benefit:
- Anyone in a leadership position, regardless of scale
- Anyone aspiring to be in a leadership position
Product Code: OM20DD