MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Contemplative Pedagogy for Purposeful Teaching
For faculty who are frustrated with the rapid, “get-it-done” pivot to remote instruction, this Magna Online Seminar provides strategies and tactics to immediately incorporate contemplative pedagogy into your teaching practice to provide more meaningful instruction and interactions.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Be more deeply aware of your students, yourself, and the current context
- Realize the connection between contemplative pedagogy, remote or hybrid instruction, and student success
- Acquire contemplative pedagogy strategies and techniques to use in your teaching
Who should attend?
- Educational Developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Remote work now permeates campuses for both faculty and staff. Furthermore, the student experience has also changed as on-campus housing and events have been replaced by at-home study and virtual social encounters.
The rapid transition to online learning in Spring 2020 necessitated quick-thinking pedagogy. However, it is time to replace our quick-thinking pedagogy with deep-thinking pedagogy.
Contemplative pedagogy, according to Arthur Zajonc in his piece “Contemplative Pedagogy: A Quiet Revolution in Higher Education” (2013), offers a wide range of educational methods that support the development of student attention, emotional balance, empathetic connection, compassion, and altruistic behavior, while also providing new pedagogical techniques that support creativity and the learning of course content”. As a pedagogical method, contemplative pedagogy provides a necessary opportunity to take a deep breath and rethink the “new normal” in context of best practices for both teachers and students.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21CA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart