Magna On-Demand Seminars
Effective Diversity and Inclusion Strategies
This Magna Online Seminar will provide a high-level overview on effective diversity and inclusion strategies to institute organizational culture shifts.
In the wake of ongoing national conversations around diversity and inclusion, these issues have become far too important to students, faculty, and staff to be ignored on college campuses.
As these crucial discussions continue, what should your institution be doing to ensure a comfortable, safe, and equitable campus environment for every learner?
Using a case study model, this presentation provides a high-level overview of effective strategies for instituting organizational culture shifts on campus. You’ll evaluate strategies for recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff, learn how to facilitate inclusion in the classroom, and explore the diversity imperative. You’ll come away with an understanding of how to activate an inclusion and diversity infrastructure at your institution and effective strategies for helping develop a diversity framework.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Use change management tools to activate the diversity and inclusion infrastructure on your campus
- Infuse inclusive teaching strategies into faculty professional development plans
- Undertake intentional and effective strategies to recruit and retain faculty of color
- Understand the dos and don’ts of creating inclusive classroom spaces
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Diversity and inclusion in the national context of higher education
- How to build and maintain a successful diversity and inclusion infrastructure on your campus
- The characteristics of an inclusive classroom
- Effective recruitment and retention strategies for faculty and staff
- The benefits of inclusive teaching
- The dos and don’ts of creating an inclusive space
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Chief Diversity Officers
- Chief Inclusion Officers
- Equity Officers
- Directors of Diversity and Inclusion
- Vice Presidents for Diversity and Inclusion
Why you don’t want to miss this!
A truly inclusive campus requires strong leadership and organizational change management. In this seminar, you’ll explore how to effectively lead and create institutional change, ensuring your institution is a diverse and successful learning community.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18GD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart