Magna On-Demand Seminars
Time Management for Faculty and Students in Flipped Learning Environments
This Magna Online Seminar will help you with time management before your course starts and as you teach. Discover how to use time wisely during the class meeting in order to tap into the maximum benefits of active learning.
No doubt, you’ve heard many times that using time effectively is one of the most sure-fire ways to ensure success. So how does this relate to implementing flipped classroom strategies? If you are new to the flipped classroom or have already started converting your class, you want to use your time most effectively for:
- Building a course
- Managing the course
- Helping students manage their time
This Magna Online Seminar will help you with time management before your course starts and as you teach. We’ll also give advice to help students worker smarter (not harder) when they shift learning new material to the pre-class space. Lastly, we’ll cover how to use time wisely during the class meeting in order to tap into the maximum benefits of active learning.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Construct a long-term plan for building a flipped class
- Construct a sensible calendar for a flipped class that uses time through the semester to support independent learning
- Design effective, brief activities for the first and last 5 minutes of a flipped class meeting
- Use the flipped structure of a class to support maximized active learning during the face-to-face phase
- Draft reasonable expectations for students regarding their use of time in a flipped environment
- Address common misconceptions about time management and time requirements in a flipped environment
- Gain useful strategies for working with students to help them effectively manage time, tasks, and projects
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Managing time when building a course:
- The One-Year Plan for designing a flipped environment
- Building time into the rhythm of a course
- The importance of structure and calendars
- Managing time during a flipped course:
- Designing the pre-class activities with time in mind
- The importance of activities for the first 5 minutes of class and the last 5 minutes of class
- Creating and managing time for effective in-class activities
- Helping students manage their time:
- Clarifying expectations about time
- How students in a flipped environment use time
- Myths and misconceptions about the time requirements for flipped environments
- How to incentivize students to be effective with time and planning
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Development Staff
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19GA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart