MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
This is your opportunity to join two higher education professionals and your peers in a live setting to discuss your choice of specific aspects of wellbeing and how it relates to your personally and professionally.
Rejuvenate your outlook and thrive in 2023!
Understanding and managing physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual wellbeing can lead to more joy and less stress. New for 2023, you can join other higher education professionals in a journey to achieving wellbeing and resilience!
With the Wellbeing Webinars, each month, you’ll learn about one specific aspect of wellbeing, including:
- character strengths,
- goal setting,
- life domains,
- financial wellbeing,
- vulnerability, and self-compassion.
The webinars are led live by Drs. Stuart and Seena Haines as part of the Wellbeing Elixir course, an innovative online course developed by educators for educators. Now, we’ve opened up the monthly synchronous learning sessions so anyone can attend, even if you are not enrolled in the course. Sign up for one or many over the next months!
What are the learning goals?
Each monthly webinar teaches wellbeing strategies including:
- Identifying what gives your life meaning
- Learning self-care strategies to improve mind, body, and spirit
- Learning how you can contribute to a more joyful workplace
- Making meaningful connections with your peers, from your campus, or anywhere else in the country
- Identifying your core values and characteristics, and learning how to apply them so you can lead a more fulfilled, meaningful life
Who should attend?
- Academic Leadership
How Does This Work?
- You register for the webinar(s) that you would like to attend.
- You will receive an email 3 days prior to the start of your selected webinar(s) with information on how to join live on your webinar date.
- You will also receive an email the morning of your selected webinar with the same access instructions.
- Your selected webinar(s) are live on their scheduled date/time. Registering for a webinar grants you live access only. On-demand access for these webinars is only available by registering for The Wellbeing Elixir.
Monthly Webinar Schedule in Detail
Friday, March 31, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Technology connects us through emails, texts, and social media, but it also erodes the boundaries between our work and home lives and is increasingly cited as a source of stress for many adults. Learn strategies to balance your use of technology to limit distractions and regain control of how and when you use your phone and computer.
Friday, April 28, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Character strengths are stable, universal personality traits that show themselves in how you think, feel, and behave.
Power of Play
Friday, May 12, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Play lifts stress, reboots and recharges us, restores our optimism, changes our perspective, stimulates creativity, and helps maintain and renew neural connections to adapt to environmental conditions. In this live webinar, you’ll identify your “play personality” and gain ideas for bringing a playful spirit to your daily life.
Friday, June 30, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Emotional intelligence is the ability to make healthy choices based on accurately identifying, understanding, and managing your own feelings and the feelings of others. Teachers with high emotional intelligence report less stress and burnout, express positive emotion about teaching, receive higher student evaluations, receive more support from supervisor and peers and increase student engagement. Learn how to hone your emotional intelligence through this live webinar.
Friday, July 28, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Vulnerability is comprised of uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Vulnerability generates fear and may lead to disappointment. Yet, vulnerability is the birthplace of joy, creativity, belonging, and love.
Friday, August 25, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Are you struggling to realize your goals?
Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Most of us are a better friend to
Joy at Work
Friday, October 27, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
There are many contributors to stress and burnout at work but focusing on joy can lift us and improve satisfaction, engagement, commitment, and confidence. Learn simple exercises for identifying and celebrating joy in your work leading to a significant feeling or meaning and purpose.
Friday, November 17, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Life domains include health, family, income, relationships, work, housing, safety, and self-worth. Learn how to identify your key life domains, rate your satisfaction in your key domains, layer in your personal values, and create a plan to renew and nurture the domains that seem to need attention and growth.
Friday, December 15, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Social connection is fundamental to human flourishing. By creating meaningful connections with others, building social structures, and maintaining a healthy balance between work and home we can benefit by seeing an increase in healthy habits, emotional wellbeing, and physiological response. Learn how to find support and increase your social connections to reap many benefits.
Friday, January 26, 2024, 12:00 – 1:00 PM Central
Financial health is an important aspect of wellbeing. This live webinar examines how finances can be a source of stress, worry, and conflict. It gives practical ideas for achieving financial wellbeing through building security, freedom, and autonomy around your finances.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart