How Can I Make Online Group Projects More Effective?
Examine the fundamental processes in collaborative learning. Learn methods for enhancing student satisfaction with online group work and see how to integrate current technology to enhance the effectiveness and ease of asynchronous collaboration.
How Can I Make Online Group Projects More Effective?
Students gain valuable benefits when they participate in group projects. Studies show that a collaborative assignment can improve a student’s learning retention, critical thinking skills, persistence, and engagement.
It is relatively straightforward to set up a group project in a traditional face-to-face classroom. Online classes, however, face unique challenges. Students are often adult learners with limited time. They study in isolated environments with different schedules, making it hard to interact with other online learners.
How Can I Make Online Group Projects More Effective? discusses practical approaches for implementing student-centered group projects in the virtual classroom.
The cognitive and social benefits derived through group work have been amply documented. When you view this video, you will acquire the tips, strategies, and game plans to empower your students.
New and experienced teachers alike will benefit from viewing this video. By viewing this 20-Minute Mentor presentation you will gain:
- More confidence for attaining student buy-in for online group projects
- An understanding of the new technologies that support asynchronous group collaboration
- A decision-making process to develop group projects suitable for the online classroom
- Ways to articulate the goals and structure of the online group process to students, fellow educators, and administrators
The program presenter draws on her research in innovative online instructional strategies to show how to facilitate online collaboration in ways that engage both students and educators.
This timely presentation helps teachers explain the fundamental processes in collaborative learning and how students can use these valuable skills in their professional lives. Viewers will acquire methods for enhancing student satisfaction with online group work and see how to integrate current technology to enhance the effectiveness and ease of asynchronous collaboration.
The video will also reveal how to build a pertinent grading system that is easy to execute, how to anticipate and manage problems before they arise, and how to empower students to participate and learn together.
Handled positively and proactively, collaborative projects can provide students with a rewarding group endeavor that will assist them in their own careers.
“The information presented provides a way to improve class projects and increase learning outcomes. Whether online or traditional, understanding and implementing appropriate group work activities and instruction is paramount!” – Marie A. Janes, MEd, RHIA, FAHIMA, Senior Lecturer, HIA, University of Toledo
Learning how to conceive, manage, and grade a collaborative activity can be exciting for educators. How Can I Make Online Group Projects More Effective? equips you with tools and techniques to hit the ground running.
After viewing this video, you will be able to:
- Generate authentic collaborative assignments that are uniquely suited to meet both course objectives and the asynchronous nature of the online classroom
- Structure, implement, and supervise online group work in a manner that is efficient and manageable
- Foster increased investment, engagement, and learning among their students
- Leverage recent Web 2.0 tools that are particularly suited for online collaborations
The presenter provides wide-ranging examples of online projects to assign—and multiple angles that students can explore. The video shows how educators can communicate their expectations, help students set up realistic timelines, and zero in on the importance of process in grading the work.
After participating in this program, viewers will also receive:
- Questions for further discussion
- Sample assignments and directions
- Dos and dont’s for facilitating asynchronous online group projects
- Background information fact sheets
- Recommended resources
Discover how to administer online group projects in just 20 minutes.
Make group online learning activities work for you and your students. Buy your video today!
Product Code: QM15EA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Group Subscription Options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options