Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty
- Only the printed version is available for bulk order
- To purchase the digital format visit Amazon.com
Of all the surprises encountered by faculty who begin teaching online, one of the biggest is how different the assessment and feedback processes are.
It’s not only a big surprise; sometimes it’s also an unpleasant one. Any online teacher who’s found herself working into the wee hours grading assignments or struggled to extract himself from an endless feedback loop can attest to that.
When it comes to online grading, all your online faculty members—especially new ones—could benefit from a thorough understanding of best practices.
That’s just what they’ll get in Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty.
The information provided in this book is indispensable for teachers at any stage of their online career. With the insights they’ll gain from Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty, your online faculty members will have the means to:
- Provide students with meaningful feedback
- Deliver assessments that reflect progress and inspire learning
- Manage the time they spend in their online courses
- Create a positive online experience for their students and themselves
This book is a compendium of articles written by some of higher education’s leading experts on the subject of online teaching. It covers a wealth of topics related to assessment and feedback, including:
- Rubric options for online classes
- Best formats for online quizzes
- Proper construction of multiple-choice tests
- Assessment strategies preferred by students
- Ways to protect academic honesty
- Student analytics as a tool for course improvement
- Management of discussion forums
- Strategies to improve forum participation
- Time-saving feedback techniques
- Collaborative learning tools and strategies
- Use of Facebook and other social media as participation channels
- Frequency and depth of feedback
- Strengths and limitations of peer review
Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty is one of the most impactful—and affordable—professional development tools you’ll find. Make sure every online instructor has a copy.
- Paperback: 161 pages
- Published by: Magna Publications, 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-912150-56-7
- Formats available: Print, Amazon Kindle
|Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty|
|1-9 Copies||10-49 Copies||50+ Copies|
|$34 Each||$22 Each||$15 Each|