Online Course Design Strategies to Increase Student Completion Rates
Online enrollments are on the rise, even as overall enrollments decline. As an increasingly diverse student body flocks online to meet their educational goals, online completion rates are not yet on par with traditional classrooms and are more problematic for students outside of the once-traditional student demographic. This seminar offers practical course design strategies to facilitate equitable learning opportunities for all learners by leveraging transparent design and Universal Design for Learning principles.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand general online learning trends
- Analyze various factors that impact online course completion
- Apply practical and equity-based strategies to increase online completion rates
- Create an online learning environment that encourages higher completion rates
Here's What We'll Cover
- Online learning trends
- Equitable education considerations
- Practical course design strategies
- Transparent design and Universal Design for Learning principles
- Demonstration course
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Program directors
- Program or discipline chairs
- Instructional deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for one year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19TA