Online Engagement and Assimilation Strategies For Nontraditional and Marginalized Students
Thursday, February 7, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 01/24/19, $297 thereafter
*More Information Coming Soon!*
This Magna Online Seminar will enhance teaching practices and course development of individuals who work with online courses. Attendees will learn how to increase support for marginalized students taking online courses.
Join us on February 7 for Online Engagement and Assimilation Strategies For Nontraditional and Marginalized Students, a Magna Online Seminar led by Courtney Plotts. The strategies and discussions presented will support diverse populations and increase positive learning outcomes in online environments.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Enhance teaching practices and online course development
- Increase support for marginalized students taking online courses
- Support diverse populations and increase positive learning outcomes in online environments
- Introduction to online marginalization and its Influence on learning and task completion
- Academic supports for online learners
- Identifying strategies for effective strategies for course orientation for nontraditional students
- Increasing inclusion and diversity in online environments
- Increasing sense of community in online environments
- Building diverse learning communities in online spaces
- Academic and social strategies for building a sense of community in online spaces
This seminar will benefit:
- Online Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Online Administrators
- Student Services
- Diversity Leadership
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 02/07/18
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19CA