Online Engagement and Assimilation Strategies For Nontraditional and Marginalized Students
Do you teach online classes? Are your students from diverse backgrounds? Have you sometimes found it difficult to get the online participation you were hoping for? If so, you are not alone. It may be a bit unsettling to hear, but it is common for some students to feel marginalized despite your best intentions to educate in the most inclusive way possible.
In this online seminar you’ll learn about the impact of community and inclusion on online student success from a national at-risk education expert. Courtney Plotts identifies how you can create social presence and gain student participation from all you students. In the end, you’ll learn strategies for teaching and course development that can be used immediately to improve social presence in all your online classes or courses, resulting in better learning and a better experience for all students.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how marginalization Influences learning and task completion
- Understand how the application of various dimensions of cultural relevance to social presence strategies can increase student engagement and improve learning and task completion
- Learn how to create social presence with a culturally responsive lens
- Be able to increase completion rates of online learning students
- Gain strategies to increase student inclusion in online spaces
- Cultural attributes of social presence
- Instructional strategies that decrease acculturation in online learning experiences
- Creating culturally responsive online learning environments
This seminar will benefit:
- Online Faculty and Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans of Online Learning
- Online Administrators
- Student Services
- Diversity Leadership
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19CA