MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Online Engagement and Assimilation Strategies For Nontraditional and Marginalized Students
Learn how to increase support for marginalized students taking online courses. The strategies and discussions presented will support diverse populations and increase positive learning outcomes in online environments.
Do you teach online classes? Are your students from diverse backgrounds?
Have you sometimes found it difficult to get the online participation you were hoping for? If so, you are not alone. It may be a bit unsettling to hear, but it is common for some students to feel marginalized despite your best intentions to educate in the most inclusive way possible.
In this online seminar, you’ll learn about the impact of community and inclusion on online student success from a national at-risk education expert. Courtney Plotts identifies how you can create social presence and gain student participation from all your students. In the end, you’ll learn strategies for teaching and course development that can be used immediately to improve social presence in all your online classes or courses, resulting in better learning and a better experience for all students.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how marginalization Influences learning and task completion
- Understand how the application of various dimensions of cultural relevance to social presence strategies can increase student engagement and improve learning and task completion
- Learn how to create social presence with a culturally responsive lens
- Be able to increase completion rates of online learning students
- Gain strategies to increase student inclusion in online spaces
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Cultural attributes of social presence
- Instructional strategies that decrease acculturation in online learning experiences
- Creating culturally responsive online learning environments
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Online Faculty and Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans of Online Learning
- Online Administrators
- Student Services
- Diversity Leadership
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19CA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart